Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2-0

It seems these days Americans including myself are drinking away our calories and are in search for something both new and refreshing. One thing I don't do and many will see this - I DO NOT DO low calorie but I am into trying new these days and this time it seems as if I am two and zero when it comes to new things. With these new experiences I have this thing that most animals have when they eat something bad and its called taste aversion. Like Blue Moon Cafe which I will most likely never try again, I found a new product that well wasn't refreshing and yummy. It is called O Water and the O stands for OhMyGod this is nasty.Just kidding , I dont know what the O stands for but you can go to the website and find out at www.owater.com. It has no sugar, no sodium, no fructose corn syrup and no juice. Its just purified water , natural flavoring and electrolytes. On the label they have athletes who drink the water and a little snippet on how great the athlete(s) and water are.I love room temp water but this one I had to promptly put it in the fridge. It has a sharp aftertaste and a zing but when chilled.. it tasted like it had a mediciney aftertaste which my taste buds got use to but still the flavoring kind of stays on your tongue. This water kind of taste like Aquafina flavored added waters. While drinking this, I was thinking does a little no or low calorie sweetener really make a big difference and if someone wants to drink something like this would it not be cheaper to go to the sink and fill up a water bottle and squeeze either lemon or juice a fruit into the bottle ? I know the producers and creators of this O water -are praying you don't think that or are at least too lazy to do it.
This brings me to a point .. when you are hot , sweaty and thirsty after working out do you really care what goes down the pipe? You would probably drink cold mouse pee as long as it quenches your thirst and is not half of your daily value in sugar.
So, here are the pros : easy to get.. I went to Giants and I think they will deliver. Secondly, nice product labels. Thirdly, its fat free but isn't water from the spring or sink fat free and unsweetened. Con: its not the best tasting , Sobe and Vitamin Water taste better and since you are such an athlete does 30 calories really count?!

No comments:

Post a Comment