Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, I woke up early.. I had no milk,fruit or bacon.. so I knew I had to take my mom to out to eat..I really couldn't decide between Helen's Garden or Ms. Shirley's .. I mean both of their names sound like someplace you would take your mother. But because it was 9 in the morning and we had my cutie pie nephew we decided to eat at Ms. Shirley's. After waiting 45 minutes shoulder to shoulder with other children, grandchildren and husbands who obviously had the same idea I did, we sat down in heaven. The decor was simple,dark wood floors, white walls , with splashes of orange. the waiting area had a flat screen television letting you know about a special or spaghetti eddies. This restaurant is not like others who while having a great decor you would would have to match that in dress. No, this place makes you feel like you are in a local diner, so you can feel comfortable in jeans or in your church outfit.
I came here because it was on my list and I had been pining over this spot since ooh 2006. I mean I would pass by it on Pratt Street, I would look at the menu on line or I would see it in the City paper or some Baltimore paper and I would think I want to go there.mmm .. food calling my name in my Homer Simpson voice. So, this is a spot I enjoyed waiting on. Anyways, the sitting at the time was a little cramped but that was probably because of the hodgepodge of groups that were celebrating dear old mom. In a time like this I had a chance to see the menu and decide what I wanted to have . I would suggest that anyone who goes to a popular restaurant or a restaurant on major holiday do this. It really cuts down on waiting on food and it gets you in and out. i hate going places and seeing other people eat while I wait a whole additional hour for my food.
Oh,the food. My mom order the Ms. Shirley's at the Oscars and blueberry pancakes, I ordered a new summer menu item called summer garden omelet with a side order of blueberry pancakes. If you are not someone who can pack away food, I wouldn't suggest your order as much as I did. I mean I took it home and so did my mom and we still didnt eat again till a couple of hours later. The pancakes were fluffy with gigantic blueberries in them. The syrup comes in miniature pitchers so you may have to ask for more. The drinks are like every other place , however these people had mint juleps. I have been told that it isn't the best drink but it was OK, I liked the sugar crystal stirrer. To me the restaurant was worth the wait and the 77 dollars I spent on my mom. Judging by the wait and seeing people standing outside waiting in line the next Sunday for Ms. Shirley's on Pratt, I guess others would agree. Next restaurant here we come! see ya guys

No comments:

Post a Comment